Do you want to be involved in positively disrupting the energy sector and leading the transition to a low carbon energy future? If you’re up for the challenge and have the project management skills to make it happen, join us!
Reactive Technologies is a highly innovative (150+ patents granted), industry-leading, energy tech company. Reactive focuses on offering unique measurement and analytics services for Transmission and Distribution System Operators (TSOs and DSOs) and an enhanced Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for renewable asset owners. To learn more about the company, please visit: www.reactive-technologies.com
As a start-up, we are agile, have a flat structure and reward good results. We offer a competitive salary, health & life insurance, pension and a modern, centrally located London office with flexibility offered for home workers.
Reactive Technologies is approaching energy system challenges in a very different way – applying innovative signal processing and data science technology to solve the greatest energy system challenges and redefine the status quo. Reactive’s Grid business unit offers three main services:
- Measurement: Technology that measures critical grid metrics. We are the first company to offer accurate measurement of system inertia, allowing us to show TSOs how inertia impacts frequency margins in real time and enabling System Planners to predict future risks more accurately. We are actively building our product portfolio to drive change in the system operations realm.
- Control: Building on real time measurements, we can detect and help TSOs respond to events faster and in a more dynamic way than ever before.
- Analysis: We use our power systems, signal processing and data science expertise to understand and resolve challenges facing modern TSOs, DSOs and Independent Power Producers (IPPs).
Project Manager (Grid)
The key role of the Project Manager (Grid) is to deliver innovation projects and commercial services relating to power system monitoring and operations while supporting ongoing business growth. The candidate will act as an interface between customers and Reactive’s development team, ensuring that products and services provided are relevant and valuable to our customers. This will involve maintaining relationships with customers, understanding their requirements and effectively communicating and scoping delivery services. The candidate will report to Reactive’s Grid Programme Manager.
- Liaise with customers to understand, document and capture their requirements.
- Support opportunity management, proposal development and management reporting.
- Develop project scope, methodology, schedule, organisation, risk register, business case and budget forecasting for new projects.
- Manage a range of projects, e.g. innovation projects, demonstration pilots, commercial services and professional services.
- Deliver complex integration projects across multidisciplinary international teams (e.g. power systems engineering, R&D, operations).
- Demonstrate clear and effective project governance during project execution:
- Set up and maintain project controls (e.g. risk/actions/change/document register, financial reporting, etc)
- Deliver business critical projects on time, within budget and at quality level expected
- Perform quality, risk, issue, change, communication, stakeholder and vendor management
- Produce finance and progress reporting at all levels within the organisation
- Achieve formal customer acceptance and invoicing
- Manage contracts and relationships with project partners, liaising with external stakeholders as required to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Manage external suppliers in ways which ensure that products and services:
- Are appropriate, up to date and in accordance with Reactive’s policies and good practice
- Delivered within agreed timescales and budget
- Anticipate, identify and mitigate risks during project delivery and escalate where required.
- Ensure all work is delivered in line with agreed standards for quality and consistency and define/champion good performance.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with Reactive’s Statement of Principles (Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Security).
- Develop skills and expertise in disciplines relevant to the role, encouraging and enabling continuous improvement.
- Represent Reactive at customer or industry events/conferences etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Able to work in a dynamic environment without constant supervision. Exhibit personal drive and the ability to multitask.
- Able to reduce complexity into key, scalable requirements and to communicate effectively both in internal and external contexts.
- Able to wear organisational, technical and commercial ‘hats’.
- Experience in delivery within Grid, Utility, Telecoms or Energy Services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel from time to time.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing third party contractors to deliver services.
- Experience with EPC contract management.
- Knowledge of smart grid technologies from a DSO and/or TSO environment.
- Relevant certification, e.g. Prince2, PMI, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Scrum, etc.
This role could be attractive for those looking for a new and interesting challenge within a relatively small, agile and innovative company.
· Salary: Competitive salary package (based on experience)
· Type: Both full-time and part-time considered
· Location: London or Edinburgh